Monday, June 13, 2005

Just another day at the hospital

OK so.. life as a nurse, student or otherwise, is that you have to learn to drink massive amounts of coffee to keep you moving and try to pee when you can..

Yesterday, was one such day.


So after being there for a coupe of hours... I finally made my way to the bathroom. Yay... sat down (yes it almost TMI but bear with me)

The walls started shaking and I thought.. no no no .... then the floor rumbled.. and I thought .. you have GOT to be kidding ME....

Yes, it was an earthquake...


Yes it happened at the exact time I finally sat down to pee.

AND this bathroom is really really old.... like.. the stalls are old.. and the tile looked prettty old.. so I really was quite nervous.

Now, I am in a dilemma, do I

A: stop peeing, pull up the scrubs and run into the hallway and stand in the doorframe?
B: Keep peeing and hope the whole building doesnt come down with me in it?


Well... since I've been in a whole lot of earthquakes... I picked B. I mean truly.. I had to pee.. and yes, it was quite jumbly in there...I just held on... LOL

I was thinking,.. I really hope that this building doesnt come down and they find me.. sitting on this toilet. LOL

I looked up, nothing to fall on me.. so *shrugs*

Anyhoooow when i was done.. which I was rather quickly done.. I wasnt going to stay in there for longer than I had to .. I came out of the bathroom and around the corner there is a couple of my fellow students and a couple nurses all squished into a door frame.


So then I thought.. I probably shoudl have gone into the doorframe.. but oh well...

They were all excited.. did you feel that? Omg it laster forever.. where were you at?

I raised a brow and said, where do you think I was?

The shrugged.

I said.

In the bathroom..

Then they felll apart laughing..


LOL

So then later teh nursing supervisor showed me where there is a line across the hallway. If there is a big earthquake.. you dont want to be across this line. Why not? Well because the side the patients are on.. is on rollers or something.. and the other side.. just will break off and fall.

Yeah, the "break off and falls apart" part includes the elevators and the bathrooms.

I said.. wow and thats where I was during this one.


She said.. Nope, you dont want to be there...

Something else to file in thay "important to remember" part of the brain.


LOL

Evertime I go to the bathroom now.. whether at home or at the hospital I think.. okey .. peee fast.. dont know when another one is going to hit LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home